Lean is a systematic strategy of reducing or eliminating non-value-adding operations from a process. It stresses eliminating unnecessary stages in a process and focusing on the only phases that provide value. High quality and customer satisfaction are ensured by the Lean approach.
It assists with:
- decreasing the time it takes for a process to cycle,
- reducing the time, it takes for a product or service to be delivered,
- minimizing or eliminating the possibility of a fault arising,
- Inventory levels are being reduced, and
- Among other things, optimizing resources for critical upgrades.
- It fosters a continual cycle of improvements since it is a never-ending strategy to waste reduction.